Haitian Accras - Appetizer Recipe
Here is a simplified version of the Accra recipe without the messy egg or the salt, but the same great Haitian taste.
- 1 lb of malangas (about 4 medium-sized ones)
- 1 scallion (pounded)
- 1 scotch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (just to taste and also optional)
- 1 green onion
- 1 tbspoon of chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Maggi seasoning (or Chicken flavor bouillon)
- 2 cups of oil
Follow these instructions:
- Once you peel the malangas, grate them into a container. Mix the black pepper, green onion, scallion, garlic powder, Maggi seasoning, and chopped green pepper until you get the same consistency as the grated malanga.
- In a bowl, add the blended spices to the grated malanga. Mix them well until you get a good consistency.
- Put the oil into a pan and place on high heat. When the oil gets very hot, scoop tablespoons of the mixture and fry them one at a time.
- Turn each Accra to the other side when it shows a very dark-brown color. Step 5. Drain the Accras on a paper towel and...
- Enjoy hot!
This is a nice accra recipe twist. sometimes you may want to fix yourself a quick appetizer dish... and keep the approximate taste, nonetheless.